mountune High Performance 2.3L Focus RS Long Block
mountune’s extensive knowledge of the Ford EcoBoost engine coupled with broad motorsport experience provides the foundation for our Premium High Performance 2.3L Ford EcoBoost long block assembly. Each long block is skillfully assembled using a brand new Ford RS engine block coupled with mountune Forged Pistons, Forged Connecting Rods, high performance bearings and a lightweight forged crankshaft. We use a brand new genuine Ford RS cylinder head assembly with optional uprated camshafts and valve train to produce increased power and performance.
This is the perfect foundation for your Focus RS for high boost applications including track day use. We take the guess work out of critical engine assembly allowing base engine components to this premium improved foundation. We also include our RS oil control pan upgrade and a new genuine Ford RS head gasket. This engine specification is designed for typical track day use and those running up to 550hp power levels with optional sleeves and supporting modifications.
All NEW Components - No Core Charge
- New genuine Ford RS Engine Block
- New genuine Ford RS Cylinder Head
- mountune Lightweight Forged Crankshaft 94mm with 3mm Key Feature (Made in USA)
- mountune Forged I Beam Connecting Rod Set - (Made in USA)
- mountune Forged 87.5mm Piston Set (Made in USA)
- mountune Baffled Oil Control Sump
- New Genuine Ford Rear Main Seal
- mountune Tri-Metal Motorsport Main and Rod Bearings
- New genuine Ford Oil Pump and Drive Chain
- New genuine Ford complete Camshaft Drive Assembly
- Full ARP Fasteners- Head Studs, Main Studs, Crankshaft Pulley Bolt, Camshaft Bolts
- Genuine Ford Front Pulley with 3mm Keyway
- mountune Darton Modular Integrated Deck Sleeve Deck Option
- mountune Piper High Performance Camshaft and Valve Train Option
- Includes professional assembly including Camshaft Timing Set
- Validated to 550hp (with V3 Camshaft Option and Darton Sleeves)
Darton Modular Integrated Deck (MID) Option
The Darton MID upgrade replaces the original iron block liners and open block deck design with centrifugally cast ductile iron sleeves with increased wall thickness. This upgrade provides not only more robust cylinder walls but improved block rigidity by replacing the open deck design of the standard block to optimize the cylinder head to block seal.
The genuine RS engine block is first inspected, de-burred, and the bores are honed to perfection to receive mountune Forged Pistons. The rotating assembly that includes a new lightweight crankshaft and mountune Forged I-Beam Connecting Rods is balanced to within .5 gram. The select parts are professionally assembled by one of mountune's skilled engine builders using tri-metal race spec bearings. Each assembly includes a detailed data sheet showing all critical engine dimensions.
- Bore: 87.5mm
- Stroke: 94 mm
- Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Engineered in house by our motorsport division and manufactured exclusively by our partner Mahle Motorsports, the mountune forged piston set for the 2.3L Ford EcoBoost is a fully featured piston with many of the same upgrades we use in our professional motorsport engines. Produced from modern 2618 lightweight alloy forgings for severe duty , each piston features supported pin bosses to withstand the extreme conditions found in engines operating with high cylinder pressures. The layout of the piston has also been optimized with weight reduction in mind and reduced skirt profiles to minimize friction. Mountune pistons also include gas accumulator grooves developed during extensive testing and tailored for the EcoBoost engine. Careful consideration has been used in the “bowl” area of the piston to maintain Ford’s original profile to ensure proper and efficient combustion. Tool steel internally tapered, short wrist pins are used to reduce pin flex and weight. Mountune connecting rods are recommended to ensure a matched set of components. As an added feature, Mahle's phosphate dry lubricant coating is used on the entire piston to reduce micro-welding and pin galling. Additionally, Mahle's Grafal skirt coating is used on the piston skirt to reduce cylinder wall friction reduction.
Connecting Rod Features
The connecting rod is one of the most highly stressed components within the engine and improved connecting rods are an essential upgrade for high power EcoBoost engines. The mountune connecting rod was developed using extensive FEA analysis resulting in the optimum connecting rod for applications up to 200 bhp per cylinder. Made in the USA by Carrillo to our specifications, each connecting rod incorporates our motorsport DNA to provide you with the ultimate component for your engine. Exclusive features include a robust, I – Beam configuration with extensive machining to optimize weight without reducing strength. All edges and corners are radiused to improve durability.
As an added upgrade, mountune connecting rods feature machined tangs to securely locate the rod bearings. Compared to the factory press fit tangless bearings, this feature ensures improved bearing retention in high cylinder pressure and high RPM engines. Tool steel connecting rod bolts are also standard and are superior to most bolts found in other rods on the market. Silicone/bronze pin bushings provide a durable and low friction surface that remains dimensionally stable in high pressure and high RPM applications.
Light Weight and Optimized Crankshaft
The standard Ford EcoBoost 2.3L Forged Crankshaft is optimized for maximum performance and excellent engine response. The standard crankshaft is carefully processed and machined by Callies Performance Products including the removal of the balance shaft drive gear and associated hub. Comprehensive machining of journal arms and other strategic areas of the crankshaft provide additional lightness. Once all machining is completed, the component is processed with various surface treatments to reduce stress producing a part with a refined and superior surface. Optional keyed snout for ease of assembly.
- Overall weight reduction of 9 lbs (4 kg) from stock
- Cryogenic thermal stress relieving
- Careful removal of the balance shaft ring gear and balancer gear hub diameter
- Comprehensive machining of all rod journal arms and critical surfaces
- All highly refined finished surfaces - rods, mains, post, and flange are maintained to OEM spec
- Shot peening of entire gray area crankshaft for the development of beneficial compressive stress
- Aeroshed finishing for the complete removal of all stress risers
- Crankshaft timing pad on #1 counterweight is untouched for accurate assembly
- Dynamically balanced to within .5 gram inch
- Carefully inspected for straightness
- Includes keyed snout
- Made in USA
This part has been designed and is intended for off-highway application only. Installation of this part on a vehicle that is driven on public roads may violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to emission requirements and motor vehicle safety standards. Click Here for Emissions compliance information.